Once again, it is that grateful day of the week where we forget about the irritating customers and the co-workers who drive us batty and reflect on the things that make us smile and happy to be alive. My thankful list this week (in no particular order):
1) I am thankful that the Colts made it to the Super Bowl. I am not a huge football fan (in the least) but I am a Manning fan.
2) I am thankful that I have tomorrow off. I am trying to burn some vacation time.
3) I am thankful that I and going on vacation in in less than 30 days! See above about trying to burn off some vacation time.
4) I am very thankful that my son enjoyed the black bean chili I made for him in my crock pot. He has even said I should make it again!
5) I am thankful that the weather has been pretty mild this week.
6)I am thankful that our new heater is in the family room so that it will be toasty in there even when the temp drops to "stupid cold" this weekend. (The radio dj's words, not mine.)
7) I am thankful for all of the amazing kids in my town. We attended a student of the month breakfast this week and I was very impressed with the selections. I also spent time last evening writing a press release about a scout in our local troop who ran a food drive for the food pantry and collected enough food to feed their clients for 10 weeks. He was responsible for collecting over 11,000 pounds of food.
8)I am thankful for "girls' nights out". I am still smiling from the one that we had last week. I am thankful for non-busy restaurants who don't give us dirty looks when we take up residence for hours and hours.
9) I am thankful for leftovers that make it easier to keep my New Years Resolution of taking my lunch to work three days a week.
10) I am thankful for fellow bloggers who take the time to read my blog and comment.
What things are you grateful for this week?
Here's to the little things.