Welcome to my day of giving Thanks. Every (OK,OK, MOST) Thursdays, I take time and reflect on all of the great things in my life. Yup, even today, when I am existing in the week-that-will-never-end, I have many things to be happy about. I hope you join me in pausing to look at the little things that make you smile.
1) I am oh-so happy that I won a prize this week. Georgie over at Decisionally Challenged had a little contest where she personally picked a creative comment on her holiday photos. She picked little ole me! How cool is that?!?! I have been thinking about ordering a magazine and now I can save a little moola in doing that - just because Georgie liked me! She really liked me! (Channeling my inner Sally Field there, folks!) Thanks so much Georgie!
2) I am thankful that I finally got my netbook today. I can tell I am going to have a lot of fun with the little one.
3) I am thankful that I have been able to give away a couple of items that have been cluttering up my house.
4)I am happy that - so far - my New Year Resolutions are going pretty well. 1) Make 1 crock pot meal a week (It is Tuesday and I have made 2 already!) 2) Take my lunch to work 3 times a week (It is Wednesday and I have already taken it twice - and have a meal packed for tomorrow!) 3) Walk three times a week (I have walked once so far but know I will walk a couple more times before Monday).
5) I am thankful that a friend gave me several books this week. I might be a Kindle snob but I don't say no to free books!
6) I am thankful that my new printer is up and running.
7) I am thankful that my husband is good at fixing all of the things that I screw up on my computer. I will overlook the times that he has messed things up by doing upgrades. He has always been able to fix those problems too.
8) I am thankful that I am starting to feel a wee bit better.
9) I am thankful for Windows 7 that allows me to easily do a blog post and farm on farmtown at the same time.
10) I am thankful that my childhood friend, Betty-Lu, reached the 50 milestone before I did! OK. What I am really grateful for is facebook that has allowed me to reconnect with her and other classmates.
What are you grateful for in this new year?
Here's to gratitude!