Every Thursday, I ask people to take a moment to pause and reflect on everything
good in their lives. Even on those days when you want to drive home via a bridge so you can stop and jump off, there are plenty of big and little things to celebrate. My thankful list for this week includes:
1) The fact that I live in the USA. My hat is off to the military people and their families who keep our country the free place that it is.
2) The fact that I have gotten a good night's sleep a couple of nights in a row. I don't always sleep well and I really appreciate it when I wake up refreshed.
3) A husband who understands that his mother is a little nutty. I am happy that it isn't just me thinking "OMG. Did she really say that?"
4) The fact that we didn't get hammered with snow like most of the east coast.
5) The fact that my vacation is just a couple of weeks away. This is the first vacation that we are taking without my son. Hard to believe.
6) That my son is so responsible that I am not (really) worried about leaving him home alone while we are on said vacation.
7) That I have a girls' night out tonight. No, no. Not with the famous Mary Ellen, but with another friend. We have season tickets for the theater and we go out to dinner first. We first started when my son was a teeny tiny baby and I really enjoy the company and the show. When we first started going, she was single and entertained me with her tales of dating woes. It is fun to look back and see how far we have both come.
What are you thankful for this week?
Here's to appreciation!