Thursday is the day of the week that I ask everyone to pause to count their blessings. Yes, even you! We all have a lot to be thankful for and it is nice to take a moment to reflect. This week (in no particular order) I am thankful for:
1) Winning! I won a contest over at Hallie's and am now the proud owner of two oh-so-cute pillows. The best news is that I GET TO MEET HALLIE IN PERSON! The second bonus is that I imagine that our mutual friend, Mary Ellen, will also come. Wow, if I hang out for a couple of hours with two amazing awesome and entertaining people like Hallie and Mary Ellen, do you think people will think I am awesome too? Here's hoping.
2) I am thankful for two pets who like to cuddle on these cold winter nights.
3) I am thankful for the opportunity to visit with scout parents last night.
4) I am thankful that I have tomorrow off. Still trying to burn some vacation time.
5) I am thankful that my vacation is approaching with incredible speed.
6) I am thankful that my husband is willing to go to a retirement party this weekend (and drive 3 hours each way) even though I know he really doesn't want to.
7) I am thankful for the music students who are coming over to my house this weekend to staple raffle tickets so I don't have to.
8) I am thankful for the stranger who took time out of her life to look my phone number and call me to leave positive comments on my answering machine about a letter to the editor that I recently wrote.
9) I am thankful for the bloggers who have added me on facebook. I am enjoying getting to know you a little better.
What are you thankful for this week?
Here's to reflections.