Friday, February 12, 2010

It's here! FF returns!

Mommy's Idea

Once again, it is our favorite day of the week. It is time for Friday Fragments! What is Friday Fragments? I am glad you asked. Grab a cuppa joe and pull up a chair. Friday Fragments is where we all sit around and have a gigantic gabfest of random thoughts. Why do we do this? Because, Mrs. 4444 tells us we should. Mrs. 4444 is the popular girl in our virtual blogsphere and we are all hoping for an invite to her table! I hope you join the party. Don't forget to hop over to Mrs. 4444's to see who else is gabbing away.

I had to print a flyer this morning to let the other parents of my son's classmates about a parent meeting I am organizing. I ran out of white paper so I threw in a mixture of other paper. The white flyers looked great, the yellow were awesome and the goldenrod ones were nice. My printer/copier spit out every page of the light blue paper, however. I didn't know printers had color preferences but it is apparent that mine has a blue phobia.

When my son was a wee lad, I often laminated his "artwork" and made them into place mats for special events. Now my son has many talents but artistic ability is not one of them. My mother-in-law found place mats that he made for a cub scout function many years ago recently. Instead of getting a giggle out of how bad the art work was, she accused him of not caring enough on her place mat. She felt that the other ones were more detailed and that he rushed on hers. She also took offense that the paper he used on here was a different shade of blue. Hello. He was probably 6 or 7 when he made them. That was 8 or 9 years ago. I doubt there was any ill intent there and, if there was, who remembers?! Let it go. Just let it go.

I have season tickets to a local theater and last night was our show. This is the first year that we have been surrounded by other season ticket holders. It is nice to chat with the others around us. Last night, we talked about the holidays, the weather and where we should go for dinner before the show.

I am a huge "Survivor" fan and loved the opening show of Heroes vs Villains. Oh my! I think this is going to be a great season. How about my fav villain Rob starting fire? I would love to know how long that took. I am also impressed by how intent Colby is this season. I would love to see him do well. The preview for next week was a real tease. I hope Boston Rob is OK!

My son's school vacation is next week. He informed me that he only had 2 tests and 1 quiz today. Yikes. I sent the above-referenced flyers to school to be distributed and included a note to the principal saying "Have a great vacation!" He asked me why I said that because "she is probably just going to sleep in a coffin". He was kidding... I think.

Have a great day!

Here's to randomness.

4 comments:

  1. 1. You have a paper racist printer. Intervention is needed.

    2. LOVE the laminated artwork idea and I am baffled that I never thought of it. Especially sicne I have a placement my almost 5 year old made at school for turkey day... shoulda sparked something!

    3. Yay for supporting local theatre!

    4. I'm also a Survivor fan and I LOVED the 2 hour premiere!!!

    Happy FF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a good mom!! (even though you do have a highly troubled printer.) About the principal? Your son is probably right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never watched Survivor. Not once. I watch enough internal bickering and back-stabbing at work that I need to watch it on TV too! :)

    I love that idea about laminating art work. Maybe I'll do it with some of Dominic's stuff. We just had a painting of his from school framed and hung in his bedroom. He was so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your printer is RACIST!!! OMG, I don't know if I can be friends with someone who has a RACIST printer...I mean...what if I'm blue?? you gonna spit me out?

    MILs....yeah, I know.

    ReplyDelete