Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Thankful Thursday - The Award Edition
Every Thursday, I do something I call Thankful Thursday where I urge everyone to pause to think about all of the good things in their lives. Even with an economy that is still in the tank, there are still plenty of things to appreciate.
Today, I am thankful that Melissa gave me a Sunshine Award. Yep. Little 'ole me!! How cool is that? Isn't she sweet? Make sure to go over and check out her blog. She is a stay at home mom of three adorable kids and keeps a positive attitude even when there seems like there is more bad than good going on.
So here are the rules:
1. Put the logo in my post or within my blog.
2. Pass the award onto 12 fellow bloggers.
3. Link the nominees within my post.
4. Let the nominees know they have received this award by leaving a comment on their blogs.
5. Share the love and link to the person who gave you the award
Here goes: I am thankful for all of the bloggers but I will pay special homage to the following (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER, FOLKS!)
1) I am also thankful for Caution who is so funny that she can make a story about buying a new hair dryer interesting. I think if we lived in the same town, we would end up being on a lot of committees together and having fun.
2) I am also very thankful that I found Stacie's blog. She is newly single, just bought a house by herself and does something on Monday's called "Not Me" that makes my Monday mornings bearable.
3) How can I resist Kathleen's blog? She is a fellow Mainer who lives in the same small town as my sister. That makes us practically related! I am thankful for her successful weight loss journey that is slowly inspiring me to follow suit.
4) Of course, I can't forget my favorite Friday blogger! I am thankful for Mrs. 4444 because every Friday she encourages me to clear out the clutter of my mind and dump it into a Friday Fragment post. I also love her posts the rest of the week. She is one dedicated blogger, mother and teacher.
5) I can't forget my facebook and football friend, Mighty Mom. We "watched" the Super Bowl together, you know. She doesn't have a TV so I did facebook updates to keep her advised of what was happening. It was fun. Mighty Mom is a busy nurse and mom to three amazing kids. Her block is chock full of a variety of different things.
6) Let's not forget June Freaking Cleaver who is embracing life and unemployment by finding ways to make us laugh.
She tells it like it is along the way.
7) Of course, I have to mention Mama Kat who wants to get on the Ellen Show to highlight bloggers. Her series of letters to Ellen are a hoot and I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Mama Kat has written a book. Seriously, she has the talent.
8)I have some hope of meeting this next blogger as she is talking about moving to New Hampshire about 1 hour from where I live. Brainella is a talented artist who often shares photos of her pottery. I am not sure where she finds the time to do it as she has a young son, a husband and a job.
9) One of the most inspiring bloggers I have "met" is Heather who is in a battle against cancer. This young mother of two beautiful children is gonna kick some ass. She is a stay at home mom who is doing home school pre-school, fighting cancer, volunteering and taking graduate courses in her spare time. She was surprised when she was recently called "Superwoman".
10)When I think about inspiring, I also think about Hallie who has done so much for Organ donation awareness. She is passionate about that - and many other things. My favorite thing about Hallie's blog is that she shares all of her passions with us.
Hallie is #1 on the "Blogger I am most likely to meet" list.
11) Another talented artist and fellow Mainer is Elenka. Even if I didn't enjoy reading her blog, I would still visit it to gaze at the amazing artwork. What talent!
Her blog is full of a wide variety of interesting items too. \
12) I also enjoy Sue's blog about life in Cape Cod. She shares photos of her beautiful area and always makes me chuckle.
13) Claudia is another blogger who is sharing her weight loss story with us. I wish she lived closer so we could go kayaking together! She is very thoughtful and fun to read. I hope she enjoys her new kindle!
I thought it would be hard to highlight 13 (ok I cheated - sue me) bloggers and I am disappointed that I haven't been able to include more. You will note that I didn't include the person who got me started blogging, Mary Ellen. The only reason I didn't is because she hasn't been blogging lately. I can't wait until she comes back.
Here's to great bloggers! I am thankful for ALL of the bloggers.