Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Do we really take the time we should to reflect on the things that we are thankful for? I know I don't, so on Thursdays, I am going to think about the things in my life that I should appreciate more.

I am happy that the sun is shining this morning. I don't know how long it will last but I am thankful it is here right now.

I am thankful that the summer activities that I planned for our Boy Scout troop seem to be going very well. The smiles on their faces last night were great to see.

I am thankful that I have a wonderful karate sensei who is patient with this "almost 50 year old out of shape" woman and makes me believe that, yes, I can do it!

I am thankful for my dog, Katy. No matter how bad a day I have had, she always makes me happy.

I am thankful that my vacation is only 43 days away!

I am thankful that tonight is my dinner and a play with a friend evening. That is always a great time.

I am thankful that the project at work I have been working on for what seems like forever is almost done.

I am thankful that my hubby's birthday is on Saturday and his birthday present is already purchased. He is hard to buy for!

I am thankful for all of the people who take the time to comment on my blog.

What are you thankful for today?

9 comments:

  1. I am thankful that I get to be first to comment!
    You are right...I don't we all acknowledge all that we are thankful for. I for one am really great about the complaining! Shame on me.
    So, my first (second) thing I am thankful for...Blog friends who remind us that we need to reflect on the things we are thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was I don't *think* we...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would it be too repetitive if I keep saying "you"? I'll have to think of something else to be thankful for...

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Dad and the fact that I get to celebrate ANOTHER bday with him today.

    Hallie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thankful for the clearing of "cobwebs" first thing in the morning...

    and that first cup of coffee while I water the garden...

    and to be a mom...

    ...so many things to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am grateful for my family and friends, both IRL and the Blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thankful for a sunny summer
    I'm thankful for my boy who is a sweetie pie.
    I'm thankful that when my hubby has to work late, I know he is actually working late and don't have to wonder or worry.
    For health and better living through prescription meds

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm thankful for getting to see Baby J again tomorrow, being able to take care of his brother and sister and for the hot weather we are supposed to have this weekend.

    And being healthy! And for Farmie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. every day I am thankful for the health of my children. They all have special needs, but fortunately they are not medically fragile.

    I am thankful that they are starting to learn to talk to me.

    I am thankful that my kids have special needs.

    I am thankful for my hubby and his love and support that never waives.

    ReplyDelete