Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Once again, it is another edition of Thankful Thursday. Thursday is the day we all sit back and reflect on how very fortunate we all are. Even when things seem to be dark, there is always that little spark of light to be thankful for. Here is the time that you remind yourself of that. Be thankful for the big things - and the little things too!

This week I am thankful for:

I am thankful that I have a teenage son who is interested in my blog enough to "stalk" it. I am particularly thankful that he said "Mom, thanks for saying you appreciated that I say 'I love you' so much."

I am thankful that my son's work permit finally came in. It took two weeks and one day!

I am thankful that my son goes to a great high school. I went to open house last night and was very happy with the teachers and his courses. I am even more thankful that I am not the one taking all of his classes. AP Calculus and AP Physics would definitely do me in! :)

I am thankful that my friend Mary Ellen starts her job next week! It has been a long journey for her but I know that she will be a smashing success. She has shown determination and good spirits during the job search. She is one of my heroes!

I am thankful for bloggers who teach me, inform me, challenge me and entertain me. Check out My Wonderful Life today for her fun "Thesaurus Thursday Challenge". You will be entertained and also educated. While you are there, scroll back and check out her version of Thankful Thursday. She calls it Thankful Tuesday and you will get an extra dose of positivity!

I am thankful that the Boston Red Sox have been winning. I am even more thankful that Jerry Remy is back as a commentator. He makes watching the games more interesting.

I am thankful that my husband got up the other night when I didn't feel well and insisted on getting me something for my bad headache. The cold pack for my head did the trick.

I am thankful that today is Thursday. The work week is winding down and they say the weather in southern Maine is supposed to be great this weekend!

I am thankful for a loving family. My sister found a vegetarian recipe she thinks my son will like and my niece seems excited that I am going to visit her.

What are you thankful for this week?

Here's to appreciation.

5 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for the blog world, too. I think it really helped keep me sane this last year.

    I'm also thankful for my job - I'm headed to USM for 'processing' today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That today is my Friday.
    That I get to spend the whole day with John tomorrow - ALONE!!
    That Connor's mouth looks so much better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful that I have friends and family close by to help me get through hards times.
    I am thankful that my youngest daughter has been able to help me out with things I just cannot do.
    I am thankful that my other two daughters will stand by and help her out when she needs it.

    You just have the nicest son! What a great guy he is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet of your son! You're one lucky mama.

    I am thankful that it's almost Friday and that I have a nice, relaxing weekend ahead. I'm thankful that after all my bills are paid, I still have a little left over for fun. I'm thankful for all my amazing friends, family, my ridiculously adorable nephew, and my wonderful, devoted husband. And for all the good blog-reading this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thankful for your linky love!!! THANKS!
    :-)


    I am thankful that after "going to battlestations" hubby and I got the school to actually DO SOMETHING to help Sonshine adjust to school..........

    I am thankful that tonight is the first of 4 nights off in a row for me. sigh.

    I am thankful for the husband asleep in the next room...think I'll go and get some snuggles while I can!

    ReplyDelete