Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thank Goodness it is Thursday!

Once again, it is another edition of Thankful Thursday. Thursday is the day we all sit back and reflect on how very fortunate we all are. Even when your happiness tank seems to be nearing empty, if you sit back and think about it, there is usually something big or small to be thankful for. Here is the time that you remind yourself of that. My thankful list (in no particular order) is:

I am especially thankful today is Thursday as it is really my Friday! I have tomorrow off.

I am thankful that my employer allowed me to carry over my unused vacation days this past year even though it is against company policy. Now if I can only figure out how to use 23 days before next April.

I am very thankful for Girl's Night Out! My two college buddies are the best! I am thankful that the restaurant didn't charge us a rental fee for the booth last night. We were there almost 4 hours! We laughed, we talked, we gave our opinions, we sympathized, we celebrated successes and, most importantly, we were together.

I am thankful that the weather is so beautiful in Maine this week. I have been able to get out and walk at lunch time a couple of days. There is a cemetery near my office that is quiet (of course!) and peaceful. I really enjoy walking there.

I am VERY thankful that my co-worker's test showed she does not have a recurrence of her breast cancer. She joined me on my walks this week.

I am thankful that I don't have to worry what my husband is up to when he isn't with me. Ditto on my teenage son.

I am thankful that I didn't get sick at karate the other night.

I am grateful that I live where I live. I live in a relatively small town where people know me when I go into a store. However, I live an easy driving distance to Boston and Portland ME. It truly is the best of both worlds. As I get older, I am really appreciating the small town atmosphere. I am on a first name basis with the high school principal (who was one of my husband's teachers) and the school superintendent and not because my son is always in trouble! :)

I am thankful that I have a birthday coming up in the next few weeks and there really isn't anything that I really want. I realize I am lucky!

What are you thankful for?

Here's to filling the happiness tank.

4 comments:

  1. What a great thankful list. Girls night's out are so special...it makes me wish me and my girls lived closer!

    Can you send some of that beautiful weather down South...we're about to drown from all this rain!

    I can relate to loving a small town atmosphere. I often find myself longing to live in a small town where everyone knows everyone but then I realize that sometimes I like being able to dress in my rattiest clothes and go to Wal-mart knowing there's not one soul I know there! :)

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fun, I've got to start doing it! I love this "I am thankful that I didn't get sick at karate the other night." so random :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thankful for the Guilty verdict passed today.

    I'm happy for you; these are wonderful.

    I'm linking to you tomorrow, because YOU were my Favorite Friday Fragmenter last week :)

    ReplyDelete