Friday, September 11, 2009

Friday Fragments returns

Friday Fragments?
It is Friday and you know what that means! It is another edition of Friday Fragments. Mrs. 4444 over at http://www.halfpastkissintime.com/ is responsible for all this fun. What is Friday Fragments? I am so glad you asked. It is where we take all of the bits and pieces of our thoughts and try to assemble them together into a crazy quilt of randomness. It is a virtual quilting bee and Mrs. 4444 is the queen bee.

I feel subdued today and I think it is because it is 9-11. It is hard to believe that eight years have passed since that day. So many heroes, so much sadness. One of my facebook friends summed up my feelings by saying: USA, home of the free - because of the brave. Amen to that.

I sent an email to someone this week and asked him to keep "this between us". I was asking a two questions but didn't want to make it into a big deal. His response to me was a note that he forwarded it to someone else to answer. What part of "between us" did he not understand? Shame on him. Shame on me too as this is the second time this has happened to me in the past 6 months. You can be sure that I won't be doing that in the future.

In the "eww, that's gross" news, a person in this area was arrested for crawling under an outhouse to watch people do their business. He was convicted of the same crime last year. Yes, you read that correctly. He crawls into the loveliness under the outhouse to watch. Can you imagine looking down and seeing two eyes? I am sure you could hear my scream all the way from Maine to California. Here is the link in case you don't believe me:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32646931/ns/us_news-weird_news/

It could be a long school year. My son has block scheduling so he has 4 blocks on one day and 4 different blocks the next day. One "blue days", his schedule is "Oh, my gosh!" difficult -2 AP classes and honors English (not his favorite class) and band. On "gold days", it is relatively easy. honors Social Study, Spanish II, gym and a study hall. He is going to be stressed out on those blue days, I can just tell.

Gee, it is frustrating how long it takes to get a work permit in the State of Maine. You have to go to the Superintendent's office, fill out paperwork and they have to send it to the State of Maine to process. It is then mailed back. The last time, it took 2 weeks. It looks like it is going to take that long this time too. It is frustrating because my son would like to work this weekend. The ice cream shop will be closing Columbus Day weekend so he is running out of time!

That's all I got today folks. Make sure you go over to Mrs. 4444's and check out her portion of the crazy quilt. She always brings a smile to my face. You can also see what everyone else is quilting up today.

Here's to Friday Fragments!

12 comments:

  1. Have read about that outhouse lurker guy but just can't get my brain to accept that anyone would really do that. I don't even like to go into to them the normal way. I would rather die than be IN THE HOLE!!

    Hallie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait... I'm confused... so to look up, isnt that the same hole where the "stuff" comes down???? WHAT? I've gotta go puke now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. He crawls under outhouses!? Two things are running through my mind there. 1.) who in the world still has outhouses? and 2.) that must mean he is getting really dirty. GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "USA, home of the free - because of the brave." I love this quote!

    And the outhouse lurker, my mind can't go there, it is way too gross.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The outhouse story makes me want to vomit. What a sicko! I dropped my purse into a port o potty once...by accident...I got out what I could (essentials: wallet and phone)with out having to touch anything nasty and then I basically bathed in hand sanitizer. To this day I still get the heebie geebies when thinking about port o pottys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just ew. Under the outhouse? What is WRONG with people? That's just ick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been walking around feeling blue all day and not knowing why. After reading your post I realized it's because it is 9/11.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ewwwwww! The outhouse lurker is just gross. Seriously.

    Happy FF! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The outhouse thing makes me feel icky inside :P

    We had A/B days like that in high school too... I liked having one hard day and one easy day. Then I was only stressed out half the time instead of all of the time *L*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy cow! My kids got work permits in about five minutes this summer! Crazy! That poop guy? What a nutjob. That email thing is my worst nightmare. Good thing kids are so resilient; your son sounds like a hard working kid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, goodness...that email comment cracks me up. I can so relate!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, that out house guy...I can't even imagine, and I have a good imagination, dirty or not.

    ReplyDelete