Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A few of my favorite things....

In the Jennifer Weiner books I just completed, the lead character, Cannie, was a big fan of "The Sound of Music" and they mentioned the song "Favorite Things". It got me thinking - what are my favorite things?



Pampered Chef can opener - This leaves a smooth edge and works every time. It makes it so much easier to open cans.



Kindle - I have blathered on plenty about it so I won't bore you but it really is one of my favorite things. I can't wait for the new Dan Brown book to download! I have already pre-ordered it.



Bennies and St. Joe's coffee - This is a local coffee shop (sorry) and they feature Bennies. They are small pieces of fried dough covered with powdered sugar and served with a variety of dipping sauces. My personal favorite is espresso cream. Can you say Heaven on earth?



My projector/television - This is one of my favorite things assuming I can figure out how to turn it on (about 80% of the time). I get a high definition picture and an 88 inch screen. You feel like you are sitting on the baseball field with the players. These are much less than a comparable TV also. (Gotta love a bargain). They are also less obvious than a tv as I can put the screen up and you don't even notice anything.

Green Mountain Coffee K-Cups - we have a fancy coffee maker at works that makes coffee one cup at a time. Fresh brewed gourmet coffee to order.

Lilacs - Even though they make my eyes water and they aren't in season right now, the sight of a lilac bush in full bloom makes me smile. My mother loved lilacs too and it makes me feel closer to her.

Coffee Oreo Ice Cream - Creamy Coffee ice cream studded with chunks of oreo cookies. Yummy!

What are some of your favorite things?

7 comments:

  1. Zero candy bars... soft, cuddly yarn...sitting in my rocking chair reading while its raining...aahhh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read 4 of Jennifer's books this summer and LOVED THEM!!!
    Other favorites, m&ms, kids laughing, the beach, my laptop, my Nikon, "brown paper packages tied up in string....."

    ReplyDelete
  3. My childrens laughter, my husband being silly, reading, early mornings before anyone else is awake, sunny days, crisp fall mornings....

    ReplyDelete
  4. snuggles!

    finished projects! (2 down tonight yippee)


    kitty love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Jennifer Weiner, too!

    Okay, what else? Students who smile when I lecture. Neighbors who surprise us by cutting our lawn when we're out of town. The older h.s. kids who talked to my terrified freshman on the the first day of school. Ice capps at Tim Hortons. The stock boy at Walmart who flirted with me this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens....

    That is what I thought of when I read your title. Unfortunately I will have the song(or at least the first verse) running through my head for probably the rest of the day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girls Night Out.

    And getting a job.

    Not necessarily in that order.

    ReplyDelete