Do we really take the time we should to reflect on the things that we are thankful for? I know I don't, so on Thursdays, I am going to reflect on the things in my life that are great.
1) A loving husband who didn't totally freak out when I told him I didn't like the color we (ok, he!) painted the bathroom and I wanted us (him) to repaint it.
2) A teen who hasn't given me any reason to worry. He does well in school, has awesome friends and still loves his parents.
3) A job. I might not love my job but I work with great people and I have a job. I know people who don't.
4) My son has 2 healthy grandparents. My in-laws may drive me nuts on occasion but they are healthy and they adore my son.
5) Amazing friends. I have a couple of friends that I have had forever and I know that they are true-blue, be there forever type friends.
6) The internet. I have recently reconnected with a lot of childhood friends on facebook and we are having a ball. It is funny to see how people have changed and, also, how some things NEVER change. With some of them, I wonder how I survived all these years without being in touch!
7) A home to live in. It may not be as neat and clean as I would like (hey, it's baseball season!) but it is a nice house in a location that I love.
8) I am grateful the sun is finally shining today. After 5 times the normal amount of rain for the month, we are all anxious for some sunshine.
9) I am thankful that I have a weekend to myself to look forward to. Hubby and son are going on a boy scout campout and I will have the house to myself. I love them but it will be nice to have some "me" time.
10) I have an extended family that I cherish.
What are you thankful for today?
Here's to appreciation!