Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thankful Thursday

On Thursdays, I ask everyone to stop and think about all of the good things in their lives that they are thankful for. Some weeks it is harder than other weeks but it is never a bad idea to stop and reflect. I bet you will be surprised about all of the positive things you have going on!

1) I am thankful to have a son to hug and talk to and, yes sometimes, nag.

2) I am thankful that my medical tests came out perfect. I don't even have to have a follow-up. (PS Thanks for the positive thoughts, Claudia!)

3) I am thankful that the weather has been glorious the past few weekends and the forecast is for 80 on Saturday. Yee Haw.

4) I am thankful that my sister and niece want to come visit this summer and take a jaunt into New York City for a show. Since my sister doesn't like traffic, it is a huge deal.

5) I am thankful that my son's trip to Europe got rescheduled and I didn't lose all of the money. I am especially thankful that his buddies are going too. It should be a great trip.

6) I am thankful for my crockpots and getting back on track. This week, I have made pulled chicken, turkey lasagna and roast chicken. Yum.

7) I am thankful for karate. With all of the stress in my life the past several weeks, I have needed it. For an out of shape old lady, you would be impressed at how far I have come!

8) I am thankful for the friends who gave me support while I was waiting for my test results.

9) I am thankful for my husband who fixes everything that I break.

What are you thankful for today?

Here's to appreciation.

4 comments:

  1. What a great list of thankfuls!
    Hurrah for the medical test results...BIG sigh of relief.
    I am thankful that I have just two more days to wait until my "roadtrip" with my oldest daughter. This is going to be fun, fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good things to be thankful for, considering all the sadness around lately. I heard tonight that they did positively identify that young man in Georgia in his truck. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for good results! Lovely thank yous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thankful for my thoughtful hubby and snuggleable kids!

    ReplyDelete