Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Twofer Tuesday

Twofer Tuesday is where I share two thoughts for the day.

I have had more and more conversations lately with people who act like they know me and I have NO IDEA who they are. On Saturday, I was doing my best imitation as a jailer and serving pizza to the 40 high school band students between parades. A woman entered the cafe and started talking to the band director. I didn't recognize her but figured that since he knew her, I didn't need to have my husband use his phone to go online and check out the listing of known sex offenders. I went about my merry way making sure that everyone had enough hot chocolate and trying to keep the debris under control. When I ventured into her general vicinity, she commented that she was shocked at how tall my son had grown. We had a conversation about how time was passing so quickly, blah, blah, blah. The entire time I was frantically asking myself who the heck this person was and how does she know me?!?! I finally figured out that she was the bus driver but I still have no idea how she knew me. Earlier in the day at a craft fair, two women asked me "Are you Evan's mother?". Since they had smiles on their faces, I admitted that yes, indeed I was. They, at least, didn't act like they knew me but told me that they were lunch ladies in the school district. They said nice things about Evan and one commented that her son "thought the world of Evan". That was a nice mom moment for me. The benefits of a small town.

We have a doberman/dalmatian mix dog. When most people hear about the doberman part, they immediately think "guard dog". My dog is the biggest sissy on the face of the planet. No joke. She is scared of the dark. Her food dish is down in our cellar and, if the light isn't on, she will not go down to eat. She stands at the top of the stairs and barks until we come and turn the light on for her. She is also afraid to be upstairs in our house by herself at night. Luckily for her, she is also the sweetest thing on the face of the planet because she isn't earning her keep as protector of the house.

Have a great day!

Here's to short posts.

5 comments:

  1. I have had that happen to me before too with someone knowing me and me not sure of who they are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When people ask if I'm my son's mom, they smile, but more than likely, they're thinking about the latest outrageous thing he's done...be happy they think the world of Evan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is funny; I've so been there. Last night (at the beer stand at Lambeau), a couple came up and made a big deal of me not remembering who they were. Turns out, I had met them two weeks ago-we had sold beer together in that same stand! Oh, brother! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. maybe you just look a lot like Evan....maybe?? well that or you're losing your marbles.....so we'll go with the look alike theory okay?

    fraidy'dog? mmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I see people that know me and I don't know them I am sure I get that "who is this crazy person getting in my space" look on my face. I don't do chit chat well....

    No offense to your sweet pooch, but I was repeatedly knocked to the ground by a "friendly" doberman when I was about 4 years old. I still have a phobia about those dogs. Some 30 years later....I know, move past it.....

    ReplyDelete