Thursday, January 20, 2011

An Even Dozen

Growing up, my mother made the very best chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. They were called Cowboy Cookies and they were amazingly yummy. Our cookie jar was an old metal container that someone had painted that was originally for potato chips. It had a funny contraption on top that was supposed to keep things fresh and not soggy. I am not sure if it worked or not. With 4 kids in the house, her Cowboy Cookies barely had time to make it into the cookie jar.

Boy-o has been on a real cookie kick lately but (gasp) he doesn't like cowboy cookies. Sometimes I wonder if we brought the wrong baby home from the hospital. Seriously. Anyway, since it is mid-term week at school, I decided to try a new Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe out of the KitchenAid recipe book to reward him for all of his hard work.

It was a pretty typical cookie recipe. I replaced the butter with shortening and water and used milk free chocolate chips. My buttercup yellow stand mixer did duty to mix everything together and before I could say Jack Rabbit, chocolate chip cookies were baking away in my trusty oven. They came out great. I still prefer Cowboy cookies but I will admit to eating one or two of these cookies (for breakfast).

Another successful new recipe tried and another recipe in the "make again" column.

This has been a great week for meeting my resolutions - a new recipe tried check, crockpot used (check) and stand mixer used (check). I am on a roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment