Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Twofer Tuesday

Last night, I braved the driving rain and strong winds to head north to Portland. A little (really a lot!) of rain wasn't going to keep me from Girl's Night Out! Really, I have my priorities in order, thank you very much. So, I am pleased to report another Mary Ellen sighting. She showed up - a little late and a little soggy - but in the flesh! She looks absolutely MARVELOUS! She is still very busy but happy. We, plus our other friend Judy, spent the evening talking and eating and talking and teasing and talking. Did I mention that we talked? As always, the years since the days in Androscoggin Hall at the good ole University of Maine just faded away and it was like we were back there again. Back then, we discussed boys and homework and boys and family. Nowadays, we discuss boys (our sons, husbands, ex-husbands and new friends) and family and, yes, health issues. OK. A few things have changed but not everything. I am so lucky to have these wonderful, loving, caring women in my life. I can't wait until Girls' Weekend Away. Stay tuned!

Yesterday, I got a check-in phone call from my son who informed me that the paperwork for class scheduling came out. He informed me that he had questions that he would like my imput on but also reminded me "that the final decision was his". I guess he told me! His big quandry is how to fit in everything he wants to take with everything he needs to take along with taking advantage of the opportunity to "teacher assist" (TA) in the AP Calc class next year. During my long car ride to Portland, I was able to ponder the question and came up with a potential solution. I gave it to him when I got home and got a "hey, that's a good idea!" My response was "really?!?". Is it possible that Mom knows something afterall? I do find it funny that last fall his AP Calc teacher mentioned him assisting her his junior or senior year but she was adament that he be a TA in a calss of younger students. She felt that would be easier for Evan. How times have changed. She is now strongly encouraging him (ie - she went to guidance and got the signoff for it!) to TA the AP Calc class next year. The students will all be a year older than my son. However, she has figured out that he can hold his own. He is excited about the opportunity and I think it will be a great way to reinforce the knowlegde he got this year. He will also be doing the next AP Calc B/C class online. Yup. Another busy year.

That's it for today. Have a great one!

3 comments:

  1. Goodness, you have an outstanding son there! I am very, very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! On the Mary Ellen sighting! I am so happy to hear that she is doing well. I hope you told her that we all miss her so much!
    Your son is amazing...of course that comes from having amazing parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like things are good at your house!

    ReplyDelete