Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday returns

On Thursdays, I take a moment to reflect on all of the positive things in my life and I invite you all to do the same. On those weeks when it seems like Friday will never get here or the pile of laundry reminds you of Mount Everest, it is helpful to think about how lucky we really are. Think of all of the people who have very few clothes to wash!

This week, I am thankful for (in no particular order):

1) My husband. We just spent a week on vacation together - by OURSELVES - and we had an awesome time. I hear of people who face the "empty nest" and wonder what they will talk about with their spouses now that they don't have a child to run interference and I know I won't have that issue with my husband.

2) My son. We left him home alone for a week while we went on vacation and returned to a relatively clean house, no reports of parties, etc. He made it to school on time every day, got his homework done and was still speaking to his grandmother. No broken bones, no blood, the animals were still alive - yes, it was very successful! I am very grateful that I have a son I can trust.

3) Electricity - before we left on vacation, we lost power from a bad windstorm. Living without power is hard!

4) Parents who care out the students in our schools.

5) My son's friends. Two of his friends provided transportation while we were on vacation. It was nice to know that they were dependable and also that I didn't have to worry about them drinking and driving, etc.

6) A job to come home to. I might not love my job but I am happy to have one.

7) The money to take a vacation. I know I am lucky to be able to go on a cruise. Many people are not that fortunate in this economy.

8) Relatively good health. I may complain about my aches and pains but I am not facing serious issues like many people

What are you thankful for today?

Here's to the good life!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for reminding me to be grateful today. After having a heart attack so young this year, I learned to be thankful for each day. It is always good to remember though as us humans tend to sometimes take things for granted! Thanks and what a lucky girl you are to have a son like that...who has friends like that and to be able to take a cruise with hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thankful for a good lunch with friends and kids.

    thankful that tomorrow my hubby and I get to go to a movie

    ReplyDelete