Thankful Thursday is where I ask everyone to stop and think about the good things that are happening. Sometimes it is hard to see the rainbow behind the rain clouds but we know that it is there. This week, I am thankful for (in no particular order):
1) That the school year is winding down. I think we all need a break from the running around.
2) That I have a long weekend coming up and very few plans.
3) That the weather has been glorious here in my neck of the woods.
4) That I have good health insurance and I don't have to make a choice between going to the doctor's and buying groceries like some people.
5) That I have a wonderful fan in my bedroom that cools the room off so I can sleep at night.
6) That I have a doctor's office that I can call late in the afternoon and get an appointment early the next morning.
7) That scientists invented the drugs that I am anticipating will make me feel better after I visit said doctor.
8) That my son was inducted into National Honor Society this week. I am particularly impressed that the entire ceremony was handled by students. Not one word was uttered by the faculty advisors. I am also thankful that when the person slated to induct my son was unable to do so, two other students immediately stepped up to offer. They ended up doing rock, paper, scissors to decide!
9) That the Red Sox swept the Rays.
10) That I got a Girls' Night Out this week. It is so good for the soul.
What are you thankful for?
Here's to appreciation and rainbows.