I can't believe that it has been 1 1/2 months since my last post! I wish I could say that I have been off on a grand adventure but, alas, that would be a big fat lie. What I have been doing, however, is living life. In the past six weeks:
1)I have gone away for a Girl's Weekend with Mary Ellen and Judy. Judy has a wonderful lake house and she graciously invited Mary Ellen and me to visit. We talked, we laughed, we relaxed and we enjoyed each other's company. I am so lucky to have them as part of my life. I have also enjoyed a dinner out with them.
2) I have found a new doctor and started to feel a little better. I still have hip pain but between the new doctor and the new physical therapist, it seems to be going away.
3) I have started a Zumba class.
4) I have been a vocal advocate for our local high school. A few (very few) loud individuals want to close our high school and send them to the next town over. The majority of the residents don't support this idea but it just won't go away. I have been organizing people, ordering t-shirts and speaking at town meetings.
5) I got a wonderful birthday present when my evil co-worker gave her notice. Yup, right on my birthday! I literally danced out of the president's office when he told me. He was quite relieved by the resignation as well. The resignation was yesterday. I am wondering if she is going to even show up today.
6) I was sad - but also somewhat relieved - when the other high maintenance co-worker was let go a couple of weeks ago. Now, both Negative Nellies are gone (or will be gone shortly). The office morale is going to skyrocket now that we don't have to hear complaints from morning until night.
7) I have turned into a cooking fool. I have been going to a farmer's market on Saturday morning and buying fresh veggies. On Sunday morning, I have been getting up and cooking up a storm. Right now, I am on a corn chowder kick. Yummy!
8) I have been letting go a little bit and giving Boy-o a bit more freedom to go here and there. Him having a driver's license has been a bittersweet experience for me. On one hand, it is great that he can now get himself to his new library job or to the school for a meeting but on the other hand, I miss the time in the car.
That is what my past six weeks has been. What have YOU been up to?