Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Twofer Tuesday

Twofer Tuesday is where I do a quick post on two different subjects.

Since I am into numbers this Tuesday, let me just say "Four more days!". (insert happy dance here). Four more days until my evil co-worker is gone, gone, gone! Can you tell that I am happy?!?!? Beyond happy is more like it! Truth be told, most of the office is looking forward to it. Evil co-worker is a very negative person who complains all of the time. We are all thrilled that we don't have to face another holiday season filled with sighs, complaints about the music and overall negativity. Yeah. They are reorganizing my department and I will now have an assistant all-to-myself!! My assistant is the current receptionist and someone who is not negative and someone who is excited to be there. The big difference between the two women is attitude. One has an attitude of "woe is me" and "I have such bad luck" whereas the other one is full of positive energy. Ironically enough, if you compared "luck" side by side, the one with the positive attitude has faced a lot more adversity (cancer, the death of two children, a failed business) but she faces each day with a smile on her face. Definitely an inspiration to be around.

I have turned into a cooking fool lately. This weekend, I took a chicken enchilada recipe and modified it to meet my son's dietary wishes. Out went the cheese and in came soy cheese because of his dairy allergy. Out went the chicken and in came the black beans and corn because of his vegetarian lifestyle. I tried a small portion of it and it was yummy. Last weekend, I made his a huge batch of faux chicken noodle soup. He loved it. The vegan corn chowder, one the other hand, was not a huge hit. My husband and I made Shrimp Po'Boys for supper last night with a food network recipe. Definitely on my "make again" list. We watched "The Next Food Network Star" this summer and this was one of the winner's creation. This is the second recipe from Aarti that we have tried. My resolution to use my crockpot at least once per week has changed me in many many ways!

Here's to Tuesdays! What's on your mind today?

4 comments:

  1. Work will soon be all happy and no crappy. (sorry, had to do it)
    Your recipes are making me hungry.
    Good to see you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. geez, that's how I cook for my son, EXCEPT he has no food allergies and not a veggie. He's just plain old fussy....ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool!! One day I'll come visit and can expect home cooked gourmet meals!! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope this break in blogging suggests that you're all doing well and busy as all get out.

    ReplyDelete